What is PASREP?
PASREP stands for Personal Assistance Services Reimbursement Employment Program. PASREP provides limited reimbursement of personal care assistance costs for persons with disabilities who are employed. These individuals could not continue to work without the personal care assistance. PASREP helps individuals maintain their employment, their quality of life, and their independence.
PASREP helps break the barrier to going back to work by assisting with out-of-pocket personal assistance costs. This can help bridge the gap caused by lost benefits. PASREP recipients receive reimbursements for personal assistance services up to $1,000 per month.
Am I Eligible?
To qualify for program assistance, you must be a Michigan resident and meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a functionally significant disability.
- Are employed, or have an offer of employment working a minimum of 24 hours/week, and earning at least minimum wage
- Require at least five hours of personal assistance each week
- Are able to employ and manage personal assistants, maintain records, pay required taxes, and file timely reports
- Are paying out-of-pocket expenses for personal assistance services